Mrs. Vandana Jain is Gourmand World Cook Book award winning Author, Specialist in Indian cuisines, a well known recipes writer for leading UAE magazines/newspapers, Conducting live cookery road /TV & Radio shows and cooking classes for Arab, African & other diasporas residents.
She holds a Post Graduation in Zoology, hails from northern (Kota –Rajasthan) India and currently resides at Dubai-UAE.
Her debut Cook Book “Vandana Veggie Creations” was awarded “Best Indian Cuisine Book of the World” and “Best Vegetarian Book in U.A.E” by the Gourmand World Cook Book Awards (known as the Oscar of Cook Books at prestigious La Carrousel du Louvre in Paris in the presence of international chefs,authors and publishers of 171 countries. Thus flourished Indian Cuisine literature at world of cook books
She represented UAE under Indian cuisine category who defeated finalist 5 countries viz USA, UK, Canada, Singapore including “Yellow Chilli” by Sanjeev Kapoor from India in presence of 171 countries. UAE ranked 30 th position out of 171 countries.
Vandana’s Veggie Creations features creative recipes and unbeatable flavours, offers a simple approach to healthy yet palatable recipes, as well as tempting presentation and Launched by renowned author Chetan bhagat at Dubai .
State Honor by Government of Rajasthan:
She has been recently conferred one of the Best Civilian Honor/award by HE Governor-Rajasthan on behalf of Government of Rajasthan (India) on Republic day -2016 for her outstanding contribution in the field of cooking and enhancing Indian Cuisine around the World.
Appreciation by Government of Sharjah -UAE
She has been conferred Appreciation Certificate by Department of Culture and Information of Sharjah Government –UAE for participating in 33rd Sharjah International Book Fair 2014 and extending support in making the Cookery event a Grand Success
Emirates Women Award UAE: Highly prestigious award of UAE –She has been shortlisted under top 20 out of 150 Emirati Women of the UAE. She is only Indian who was short listed for this prestigious award on 08.05.2018
Prashti and Abhinandan Patra:by various social communities and professional Groups etc such as Rajasthan Jain sabha , Porwal Yuvak sangh kota, Gyan Kanika Group Indore ,Porwal Padmavati Vikas samiti and Porwal Dubai samaj etc
Since her debut, she has been receiving several accolades in the Media and has been bestowed several Titles by different Media and Personalities of UAE for her contribution in Indian Cuisine literature in Arab region
*A black belt champion in vegetarian cuisine & Cook up A storm in SIBFby Sharjah International book fair-UAE ,Nov 2014 (www.isbf.com-media-pressrelease)
*The Vegetarian storm in the Dubai published in www.The Indiandiaspora.com,UAE -2014
* Bhartiyo shakari vyanjano ki khusbu pahchai duniya bhar main- NRI News paper-Sunera rajasthan-India,Sept 2014
* Bharat key food Ambassador by Khushkabar post –India,Sept 2014
* The Top Chef by Masala life style Magazine –UAE,2014
*The Food Ambassador by H E Consul General of India to UAE -2013 for popularizing Indian cuisine
*Winning Oscars of Cook Book, An Authority in all kinds of Vegetarian cuisine, *The new Chef Chef on the Block , Sweet Surrender by Gulf News –UAE,2013-2011
*The Peninsula chef by Al Khaleej Times –UAE,2013
*Master chef & Inner chef by Weekend Magazine, Khaleej times-UAE, 2011-2012
*Big Rasoiya by Radio Spice 104.5 FM-UAE-2008
*Wonder cook by Tele Life -UAE, 2007
Facilitated/appreciated by Director of organisations and International relations (Federal H.R Government –UAE) , Director of Culture and information Department of Sharjah Goverment-UAE,Nov 2014, Her Excellency Governor of Rajasthan- Mrs Margarat Alva, His Excellency Ambassador and Consul General of India, Cine star Padma shri Anupan Kher ,Padma shri BR Shetty , renowned author Chetan Bhagat and Ron Kaufman ,, Chairman of IBPC-Dubai and ICAI –Dubai Chapter,Porwal Yuvak sangh ,Kota –India
She dons many feathers in her hat such as :
- Qualified for Nomination of Padma shri award ,2014 (S.No-576 of nomination list of Ministry of Home affairs, India) for enhancing Indian Cuisine Literature in abroad…
- Inclusion of her name in the lists of top chefs, authors and publishers of the World in their “Professional Catalogue 2013, by Gourmand International, Spain.
- Selection of her recipe for Guinness world longest Buffet organized by Dubai Shopping Festival, Dubai-UAE
- Invited as a Judge by International Educational Institutions/ local UAE community in cooking competitions organized by them ( Middlesex University –UK ,Institute of Chartered accountant of India –Dubai chapter, Kitchen Queen contest -Dubai ladies club Jumairah , Masala life style Magazine and Toastmaster club & other social Groups)
- Inclusion of her name in Prominent Indians list of UAE by Indian Embassy and Consul General of India ,Dubai in year 2014
- Invited by Abudhabi and Sharjah International book fair to demonstrate her recipes in their “Show Kitchen/ Cooking corner Programme”, 2014 and 2015
- She received /won 52 accolades/awards International,National,StateAw
ards,Honors,Appreciations and numerous esteem titles for her creations and innovations of healthy recipes giving well recognition and uplifting level of International cuisines, enhancing culture bonding between India and UAE
- She has over 169 recipe articles and publications to reckon with in leading Arab/Indian print and online media. She is a regular columnist with leading newspapers and store magazines in UAE. She has been an instrumental in popularizing the Indian Cuisine amongst the Emiratis and other nationals living in Dubai.
Enhancing Indian Cuisine & its Literature:
Thus she is torch bearer to enhance & keep alive Indian cuisine & its literature in Middle East region and East afrIca since 20 years by publishing Gourmand world winning cook book-Indian Cuisine (English and Arabic language) and Indian recipes articles in leading Arabic,English and Hindi newspapers, magazines and websites of UAE & India, Demonstrating live cookery shows / Indian recipes on TV & Radio, in International book fairsof UAE and by organizing live cookery shows, Conducting live cookery classes since years for Arab, African and other International diaspora and Invited as Judge in International cookery competitions held in UAE participated by International communities, UAE.
Key Skills and Competencies
Culinary Author and recipe writer
- Author of International award winning cook book – “Best Indian cook book of the world” and Best Vegetarian cook book in UAE” by Gourmand world cook book awards – 2012.
- Publishing Indian cuisine Cook books in English and Arabic language thus enhancing Indian cuisines in Arab region and rest world
- Well known recipe writer /regular columnist of UAE ‘s leading news papers / Magazines
Since 1997 thus enhancing Indian cuisine & its literature in World wide
Cookery shows and classes
- Conducted live demonstration of recipes in Show kitchen of Abudhabi International Book Fair-May 2014 & 2015 organized by Abudhabi Tourist and Culture Authority –UAE and in Cooking corner programme of Sharjah International book fair organised by Department of culture and information of Sharjah –UAE held in Nov -2014.
- Conducting cookery shows since 2000 in UAE
- Conducted cooking classes at UAE ,East Africa since 1997, licensed by Department of Economic Development, Dubai-UAE and approved as Educational Institute by Knowledge and Human Development Authority.
TV and radio- cookery show
- Presented live demo of recipes / cookery shows on TV and Radio channels
Chef and Mentor
- Specialist in International cuisines viz Indian,Chinese,Italian ,Mexican Japanese etc
- Expertise in cooking methods baking , roasting, steaming and boiling
- Expertise in cake decoration
- Managing all aspects of the kitchen & cooking areas.
- An awareness of all health and hygiene requirements.
Thus flourished Indian Cuisine & its literature in Africa and Arab region of the world aiming to take healthy and palatable vegetarian Indian cuisine in every corner of the world.
She shares secrets that she has mastered in the kitchen for over 20 years through Conducts of live cookery shows, classes and demonstrations of recipes, TV and Radio shows and publication of recipes in popular magazines/News Papers in Dubai as well as India.
- Year 1997 to 2000 : Cooking classes : “Khana khazana cooking classes” at East Africa (Dar es salam, Kampala ) ,teaching how to cook dishes of Indian cuisinesto African residents
- Year 2000 to till date :
- Conducting cookery classes “Vandana Jain culinary courses (VJCC ) :teaching how to develop culinary skills and how to cook healthy and palatable dishes of Indian cuisines and its presentations particularly Arab and African students at dubai.
- Recipe writer for newspapers and Magazines
Around 169 articles / publications has been published in UAE’s news papers and
Magazines mainly wknd &city times-khaleej times, Tabloid -Gulf News, Gulf Today,
Tele life, Pehla, Fujairah observer, Gulf Madhymam, Ash-sharq(urdu) International,
Al Khaleej (Arabic), Al Bayan( Arabic), Masala (lifestyle), Good life , Time out,
Oasiszone, The Times of India, Rajasthan Patrika and Danik Bhaskar, porwal samaj
- Cook book Author : wrote many culinary books including awarded -Best vegetarian cook book in UAE and Best Indian cuisine book of the world by Gourmand world cook book awards-2012 (In English and Arabic language) 2 books under process.
- Presented live cookery show on TV ,Radio and road shows on invitation
Live Radio shows – Radio Mirchi-India Matters by consulate General of India, Dubai Eye 103.8, Diwali ki kadai –Radio spice 105.4, Radio FM 89.1 Dubai ,Akashvani –Yugvani, Udaipur & Kota Rajasthan
Live TV shows : Cassrole Cookery Show – Medibizz(eVision), The food shala – Colors ,Zee Connect, AajTak, Star plus (ad)
Specialization in Indian/International cuisines-Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Japanese etc
Baked& Steamed Dishes, Appetizers / Starters/ Snacks, Main courses, Soups, Salads, finger foods, Barbeque,Sizzlers, Sandwiches, wraps & rolls, Kababs, Egg less Cakes & pastries,
Desserts (Indian and continental) , Fruit Smoothies/mocktails, Sweets, Healthy diets, Biryanis,Healthy Fast food, Tangy chaats, different types of Breads, Donuts,Pav, Croissant ,Toast, Focacia, Nan, Kulcha, Parathas, Raitas,Rajasthani, Gujrati,Punjabi, Moghlai, South Indian dishes, Over 5000 exotic & innovative recipes.
- Diploma Course: Cake decorating from Tavola –UAE
- Learn various International cuisines by trial and error method
Academic : Master of bachelor in Zoology -Kota, India