Founder of VJCC
Cook with love and passion and not out of compulsion-Vandana Jain
Vandana Jain is a torchbearer, connoisseur chef, entrepreneur and an instrumental leader in the field of cooking all over GCC, popularizing and amplifying the universality of Indian Vegetarian/ Vegan cuisine and its literature in Middle East region and East Africa since 21 years and portrays Indian culinary arts in very a meticulous way by publishing cookbooks in English and Arabic, being a trendsetter recipe writer, a renowned celebrity chef, culinary consultant, a trailblazer mentor, celebrity judge, cooking show presenter in TV, Radio and Road-shows and conducting online & offline cooking & baking classes to educate Emiratis, Africans, Australians, Britishers as well all other International diasporas to know more about Healthy Indian Vegetarian & Vegan wellbeing and lifestyle.
Vandana Jain’s mission is to make an impact with leading innovations and sole purpose to spread aroma, textures and flavors of Vegetarianism & Veganism to the world and enhance cautiousness about healthy vegetarian food and knowledge of hygiene and etiquettes of kitchen /dinning.
Instigated change by accelerating vegetarian delicacies which represents the vibrant diversity to thousands of Emiratis and worldwide expatriates by teaching and acknowledging culinary arts. Teaching more than 61 KHDA certified courses and more than 8 International cuisines.
Summary of vandana portfolio –
- Specialization: 3,831 vegetarian recipes innovated and created in 86 International mainly Indian courses, for more than 7 International Cuisinese. Indian , Arabic, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, and Thai.
- Key Accolades & Achievements : 70 International, National & State Awards/Accolades
- A Certificate dated 31 July ,2021 was conferred by Word of Book Records London ,UK for making record in the innovation and creations of highest vegetarian and vegan recipes, courses in the 7 International cuisines in October,2021
- Conferred Certificate of Accreditation for Creative people of culture and art by Dubai Culture and Art Authority ,Government of Dubai who recommended for Golden Visa of UAE for 10 years on 3rd september,2021
- Won Emirates Women Awards as Business Category –Innovation Criterion Winner 2020 conferred by Dubai Quality Group for Best performer in the culinary field for her outstanding contribution for her excellent new creations in vegetarian and vegan cuisines.
- Cookbooks (International Award-winning Author): 6 cookbooks including in Arabic language.
- Won Two Gourmand World Cookbooks Award-Best in World (known as Oscars in the world of cookbooks) –for her cook books under Indian Cuisine category in year 2013 and 2021 thus bringing pride to Indians worldwide in Paris, Lo uvre.
- Recipes Publications: 220 publications in UAE,Indian & International leading newspapers, magazines & online blogs/ articles to acknowledge readers on the importance of a healthy lifestyle & wellbeing.
- TV & Radio, Road Shows: Presented on 21 channels /stations in English, Arabic, Urdu & Hindi language, to impact knowledge to different language communities.
- Community events: Friends of Cancer Patients (FOCP) Workshops, Super Special Moms Workshops (Mothers of special kids – monthly), International Book fairs held in Sharjah & Abu Dhabi, Al Sajaya Ladies Club Workshops (Young Emirati ladies in Fujairah), Monthly free classes to workers and chefs who are financially weak, and various local communities’ who have a passion for cooking & baking.
A journey of a Simple Homemaker to a Celebrity Connoisseur Chef & Author in Dubai UAE
Key Accomplishments, Accolades & Achievements –
- Word Book of Records UK recognized and conferred certificate dated 31 July 2021 to Vandana Jain for making record for the highest innovation and creations of vegetarian and vegan 3,831 recipes of 86 courses in the 7 International cuisines in October ,2021.
- Conferred Certificate of Accreditation for Creative people of culture and art by Dubai Culture and Art Authority- Government of Dubai who recommended for the Golden Visa of UAE for 10 years on 3 September 2021. A big honour being an Indian thus giving pride to India in UAE
- Her latest cookbook, Vandanas Paneer Creations Cookbook – Winner of The Best Indian Sri Lankan Cookbook in the World by Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2021 (Oscars in the world of cookbooks) giving Pride to India resident in UAE, as ranked The Best in the World out of 98 countries who participated in Gourmand World cookbook contest and flourished Indian cuisine to the rest parts of the world.
- Vandana Jain Culinary Courses (VJCC) – Vandanas cooking and baking institute in Dubai, selected as the Top 11 Cooking Education Schools in the world by Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2021, the only culinary academy in UAE run by an Indian
- Winner of Emirates Women Awards 2020 – Best Performer in the Innovation Criterion, under the patronage of HH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum for her outstanding achievements in the field of Innovations across the globe being an Indian. Only one Indian amongst 10 awards categories
- Her debut Cookbook Vandana Veggie Creations was conferred the International award Best Indian Cuisine Book of the World and Best Vegetarian Book in U.A.E by the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards at prestigious La Carrousel du Louvre in Paris in the presence of 100s of international chefs, authors, and publishers from 171 countries thus giving pride to India
- Vandana was conferred one of the Best Civilian Honor/ award by HE Governor of Rajasthan from Government of Rajasthan (India) on Republic Day 2016 for her outstanding contribution in the field of cooking and enhancing vegetarian & vegan cuisine around the world
- HE Consul General of India in Dubai has conferred Ms Jain, the esteem title of ‘FOOD AMBASSADOR’ for enhancing Cultural bonding between India and UAE by publishing fusion recipes (infused Indian spices and condiments into world’s different cuisines) and by Publishing Cookbooks in Arabic language to enhance knowledge of Vegetarian delicacies amongst local UAE Residents and Diasporas,
- Women Entrepreneur Magazine, India has conferred A Certificate of Appreciation and recognizing her TOP 10 Indian Women Leaders in Middle East 2021 for astute leadership showcased and highlighting Inspiring success stories in the ME published in the edition of November 2021
- Global Excellence & Leadership Award 2021 was conferred for outstanding contribution & concern towards the society & Nation at Large in the Culinary field on 22nd October,2021 at Business Conclave 2021 by Global Business Federation, UAE
- She has been conferred Appreciation Certificate by Department of Culture and Information of Sharjah Government – UAE for participating in 33rd Sharjah International Book Fair 2014 and extending support in making the Cookery event a Grand Success.
- Invited by Abu Dhabi and Sharjah International book fair to demonstrate her recipes in their “Show Kitchen/ Cooking corner Programme”, 2014 and 2015 targeting Arab audiences thus promoting Indian healthy cuisine to local UAE communities.
- Inclusion of her name in the lists of top chefs, authors and publishers of the World in their “Professional Catalogue 2013, by Gourmand International, Spain, which was circulated across the globe. Giving Pride to India in its culinary arts field on a global platform of recognition.
- Maharana Award -Rajasthan Foundation (Govt of Rajasthan) was conferred being An Emerging Entrepreneur to Ms Vandana for her an amazing and successful contribution in the Hospitality & Culinary field on 16th November 2021 in UAE
- Jain Social Group -UAE conferred award of appreciation for her contribution to JSG fraternity through culinary skills & Creativity on 12th November,2021
- Selection of her recipe for the renowned Guinness world longest Buffet organized by Dubai Shopping Festival in year 2007; The only Indian individual represented The Buffet .
- She has over 220 recipe articles and publications to reckon with in leading Arab & Indian print and online media. She is a regular columnist with leading newspapers and store magazines in UAE, benefitting and imparting opulent light on healthy Indian wellbeing to thousands of readers of Middle east
- Invited as ‘Women’s Chief Editor’ for India’s leading newspaper ‘Rajasthan Patrika’ in April 2021, to impart readers with knowledge and skills about healthy living and lifestyle in today’s millennial era.
- Vandana Jain – Special to Gulf News Blog (UAE’s leading newspaper) in June 2021; Exclusive video & audio interview with her best seller recipes published on Gulf News’ Prime Content for their prime subscribers (viewers – 2M)
- Well Appreciated by UAE leading institutions such as ICAI, RPBG, IBPC, Middlesex University, Masala life style magazine, Super Moms groups where Vandana was invited as a Chief judge for their prime events.
- Vandana was selected as an ‘Ambassador’ for UAE’s biggest reality TV cooking show The
- She has been bestowed with several Culinary titles by UAE’S Print media, Institutions and legendary personalities for her outstanding contribution in the culinary field viz A Doyen of vegetarian cooking in the city & local culinary queen by City Times (khaleej times) and Cuisine Queen by SHE Magazine (Khaleej Times) , Top 10 Indian women leaders in ME & Crafting A Kingdom of Extraordinary in the field of Culinary Arts , Vandana jain Special to Gulf News’, Pride of India by Gulf today, A black belt champion in vegetarian cuisine & Cook up A storm by Sharjah International book fair-UAE, A vegetarian storm in Dubai by www.Indian diaspora.com, Top Chef by Masala magazine , New Chef on the block, Winning Oscar of cook books and An authority in vegetarian cuisine by Gulf News , Master Chef & Inner chef by wknd-Khaleej times newspaper, Peninsula chef by Al Khaleej times, Big Rasoiya by Radio spice and Wonder cook by Telelife etc.
Vandana’s outstanding contribution in spreading, enhancing and popularizing the Vegetarian International Cuisines (aromas & flavors) & its literature ( including Indian cuisine) is most note-worthy in the Emiratis and African region, with her cookbooks on Amazon, recipes (in Arabic & English) in Newspapers & Magazines (220) in the GCC countries; She is an avid columnist, judge and speaker on many Live shows on TV, Radio, Road shows & at International book fairs held in UAE/Africa since 1997 to thousands of International diasporas aiming to take healthy and palatable Vegetarian & Vegan cuisine in every corner of the World and benefitting hundreds of students of UAE and other nationalities; thus binding families together with healthy lifestyle, health cautiousness & kitchen etiquettes by helping homemakers and working women and helping them secure employment in the culinary field specially giving free classes to financially determined, special need students and kids, Thus, making them Independent to cook food for themselves and open culinary businesses and flourish.